Dr. Dokainish specializes in echocardiography, heart failure & valvular heart disease
Hisham Dokainish, MD CardiologistFRCPC, FACC, FASE
Dr. Dokainish has worked as a certified cardiologist for 21 years. He completed his Internal Medicine and Cardiology residency at the University of Ottawa. He has also trained at McMaster University and the Ottawa Heart Institute. He served as the Director of Echocardiography at Baylor College of Medicine (Houston, Texas, USA), and as the Director of Non-Invasive Cardiology and Director of the Coronary Care Unit at Ben Taub General Hospital (Houston, Texas, USA).
Dr. Dokainish is active engaged in research having published over 30 original, peer-reviewed scientific papers in medical journals.
- 1995-1999, Internal Medicine Residency, University of Ottawa – Ottawa, ON
- 1999-2001, Cardiology Residency Training Program, University of Ottawa – Ottawa, ON
- 1999 – CPSO, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
Board Certifications & Fellowships
- Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, Internal Medicine (FRCPC)
- American College of Cardiology (FACC)
- American Society of Echocardiography (FASE)